The City of Deerfield Beach is the sole provider of curbside garbage services for residences within the City. Services include garbage cart pick-up, bulk trash pick-up, and roll-off services.
Household garbage is collected twice per week. To ensure that your garbage gets picked up follow the below guidelines.
- Place the cart curbside before 7:00 AM on your collection day.
- All garbage must be in plastic bags placed in the City issued cart.
- Sharp objects must be separately wrapped and placed in a small bag before being placed in the garbage cart for safety.
- Place the cart on the edge of the curb with the metal bar on the front, facing the street.
- Place at least 5 feet away from trees, mailboxes, utility poles, other carts, or any other obstacle.
- Do not place underwires or tree branches.
- Carts that are inaccessible by the automated arm will not be collected.
- Drivers cannot pick up extra garbage bags that are placed on the ground next to garbage carts.
- The brown cart is for garbage and the blue cart is for recycling
- Carts are property of the City of Deerfield Beach and are assigned to each physical address.
- Periodically rinse with soap and water.
- Do NOT spray paint or mark the cart.
- Keep lids closed to prevent exposure to weather and to limit the spreading of debris in neighborhoods on windy days.
- Carts need to be left at that property should you move.
- Should you need an additional cart, they are available for an added charge of $14 per month.
- All carts contain a special radio frequency ID tag (RFID) that identifies the home’s address. Each time a cart is serviced, it is scanned, and the data collected is used to help maintain efficiency.
Deerfield Beach residents receive bulk collection on a weekly basis. Learn about your collection day. To ensure proper pick-up and to avoid additional fees, residents must follow the City's bulk collection guidelines.
Multi-family and commercial properties may opt to station a roll-off container on the property for bulk waste collection or may call our department at (954) 480-4391 for bulk waste collection as needed.
Bulk Collection Guidelines
- Bulk waste items are only the items that are outlined by these guidelines.
- Only place items out for bulk waste collection if they do not fit in your garbage cart.
- Place bulk waste curbside before 7 AM on your collection day, but not more than 24 hours in advance.
- Place bulk waste ten feet away from dumpsters, cars, mailboxes, and any other obstacles.
- Do not place bulk waste within ten feet of low tree limbs or electrical wires.
- Only place out bulk waste piles that do not exceed 7 cubic yards (approx. 4ft x 8ft x 6ft).
- Do not place propane tanks, gasoline tanks, or other hazardous materials out for bulk collection.
- Do not place residential garbage or recyclables out for collection with bulk wastes
Bulk Waste Includes:
- Yard Debris & Vegetative Waste
- Large Packaging Materials
- Furniture & Mattresses
- Appliances & White Goods (doors or locks removed)
Additional Bulk Fees Required
Bulk waste piles that are placed out and do not follow these guidelines may be subject to additional fees. If your bulk waste pile has been assigned an additional fee, it will be tagged with a non-collection notice. Below are specific instances where fees would apply.
- Bulk piles that are larger than 7 cubic yards
- Debris generated by private landscapers
- Construction debris and wood products
Bulk waste piles shall not be placed more than 24 hours ahead of your collection day. Additionally, any dumping or storage of solid waste in a public place, unauthorized accumulation of refuse, or dumping on property owned by others is considered illegal dumping. Any properties with illegal dumping or early placement will receive a bulk trash courtesy notice. Properties with tagged bulk piles that are not addressed within 24 hours of notice will be automatically collected and invoiced.
Report illegal dumping by calling Crime Stoppers at 954-493-8477. If your tip leads to an arrest, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
Drop-Off Center Bulk Collection
The City is now accepting small amounts of residential bulk at the Recycling Drop-Off Center (DOC), at 401 SW 4th Street. Bulk items must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Residents can bring up to 2 cubic yards of bulk or small items.
- Examples of bulk items accepted at the DOC include toilets, washers or dryers, wood doors, and TVs.
- This service is available for Deerfield Beach residents ONLY and proof of residency must be shown.
- It is the resident's responsibility to unload the materials into the roll-off dumpster provided.
- Items can be dropped off once per week.
- Bulk items may be turned away if they do not comply with these guidelines.
The DOC is open Mondays and Saturdays from 8 AM to 12 PM and Tuesdays through Fridays from 8 AM to 4 PM. For additional information on the DOC, click here .