Business Development Resources
- City of Deerfield Beach Building Department
- City of Deerfield Beach Business Tax Receipts
- Florida Department of Business & Professional Regulation -access applications for professional licensure, view exam information, renew your professional license online, search for licensed professionals in the state.
- Florida Department of Revenue - register to collect and report Florida sales tax.
- Internal Revenue Service - establish an employer identification number (EIN/Federal Tax Id), get information on federal tax responsibilities.
- Sunbiz: State of Florida Division of Corporations - incorporate business online, search documents, file annual report, etc. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Targeted Industry Incentives
Qualified Target Industry Refund (QTI): Designed to encourage the creation of high-skill jobs and encourage the growth of corporate headquarters and other targeted industries. Pre-approved applicants who create jobs in Florida can be eligible to receive tax refunds from $3,000 to $5,000 per new Florida full-time equivalent job created.
Hire DFB: Designed to encourage the hiring and retention of Deerfield Beach residents to new jobs in the City and to help offset on boarding costs. Eligible applicants may receive an award based in increments of $500 per eligible employee for a maximum of 50 awards per business. For information, please contact the Economic Development Department.
Workforce Training Incentives
Quick Response Training (QRT): Quick Response Training is an employer-driven training program designed to assist new value-added businesses and provide existing Florida businesses the necessary training for expansion. The company may use in-house training, outside vendor training programs or the local educational entity to provide training. Reimbursable training expenses include: instructors’ and trainers’ wages, curriculum development, and textbooks/manuals. This program is customized, flexible, and responsive to individual company needs.
Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWT): Incumbent Worker Training is a program that provides training to currently employed workers to keep Florida’s workforce competitive in a global economy and to retain existing businesses. The program is available to all Florida businesses that have been in operation for at least one year prior to application and require skills upgrade training for existing employees.
Florida Power & Light Rate Incentives
Economic Development Rider (EDR): Designed to help attract new investment to the Sunshine State and create more jobs for Floridians. Eligible companies receive discounts on new electric demand for up to five years.
Commercial Industrial Service Rider (CISR): This rate was designed to attract new, large power users to the state as part of a competitive site location project.
- CareerSource Broward - provides numerous services to employers and job-seekers.
- Florida Division of Workers' Compensation -information on rights and responsibilities for employees' workers' compensation. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>