Questions related to COVID-19, should be directed to the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or by emailing COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. Deerfield Beach residents concerned they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call 954-412-7300 BEFORE traveling to any health care facility.
For up-to-date information or press release, please click the alert bar above. This will take you to the newest City Press Release.
State, County, City Executive Orders for COVID-19
City Managers’ Associaton & Broward League of Cities Coordinates Safer-at-Home Orders in Broward County
To read entire order click link below:
City Facility Closures
- City Hall
City Hall is closed to the public, with limited operations by City employees.
- Financial Services
The Cashier’s Office, Utility Billing, and Parking Enforcement are now taking online payments, mail-in payments, or use of the dropbox outside the main entrance of City Hall from the parking lot.
For all Finance inquiries, call 954-480-4227 or email email@example.com.
- Parks and Recreational Facilities - All Parks & Recreation inquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All City parks and recreational facilities are closed. This includes playgrounds, basketball courts, tennis center, municipal swimming pools, pavilions, picnic tables, and recreational centers.
- The International Fishing Pier is closed.
- All beaches are closed in the State of Florida per the Governor’s Executive Order 20-70.
- The Pioneer Park and Villages of Hillsboro boat ramps are closed.
- Cemetery services are available by appointment only at 954-571-2672.
- Planning and Development Services - inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
- Planning, Landscape, and Certificates of Use services are available by appointment only 8 AM – 5 PM, Mon-Fri. Please call 954-480-4206 to make an appointment.
- Building Services and Code Compliance Services are available by appointment only 7 AM – 4 PM, Mon-Fri. Please call 954-480-4238 to make an appointment.
- Inspections are still taking place by appointment only.
- All payments can be made online or by use of the dropbox outside the main entrance of City Hall from the parking lot.
- Sustainable Management - call 954-480-4391 from 7:30AM – 4:30PM, Mon – Fri, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All residential solid waste and recycling collections continue as normal until further notice.
- The Drop-Off Center is closed until further notice.
- For changes to your commercial and roll-off-services, please call 954-480-4391.
- Payments can be made by phone, online, mail, or by use of the dropbox outside the main entrance of City Hall from the parking lot.
- Economic Development / CRA
Economic Development is helping local businesses with disaster funding applications and business assistance by phone. To schedule an appointment or for inquiries, please call 954-857-9793.
- Community Development
Community Development is not taking any new grant applications at this time. Appointments are available for those with existing applications. Please call 954-480-6420 for all inquiries, or email email@example.com.
- Center for Active Aging - For more information and referral services, please contact 954-480-4449.
- The Center’s Alzheimer’s Daycare and Preschool are closed. The Community Bus Shuttles, Express I & II, are running Mon – Fri, 8 AM – 4 PM until further notice.
- Counseling services and meal deliveries are still taking place as needed.
- Environmental Services
- Water and Waste Water Services are operating normally.
- To report street light outages, traffic and walkway hazards, and traffic signal malfunctions, or any water or wastewater issues, please call 954-480-4400/954-480-4270.
- Engineering permit services are available by appointment only. Please call 954-480-4400/954-480-4270 to make an appointment.
- The non-public safety after hours and weekend emergency services call line is 954-480-4370.
- General Inquiries
For general inquires Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, please call 954-480-4200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To protect the health of Deerfield Beach residents and contain the transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), the State and the County have issued orders directing the closure of non-essential businesses. The following is an updated list of industries that have been instructed to close until further notice.
Restaurants, Food and Alcohol Sales
All restaurants and food establishments licensed under Chapter 500 and 509, Florida Statutes, are mandated to suspend on-premises food consumption. Such establishments may continue to operate their kitchens for delivery, take-out, and exterior pick-up food services. All vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises shall cease the sale of alcoholic beverages by the drink or in sealed containers for consumption on the premises. Such vendors may sell alcoholic beverages in sealed containers for consumption off-premises in accordance with the conditions in Governor Executive Order 20-71.
All bars, nightclubs, taverns, pubs, cocktail lounges, breweries, dance halls, movie theaters, concert houses, playhouses, halls for hire, auditoriums, bowling alleys, video arcades, and sports and entertainment facilities, including but not limited to such establishments contained within a hotel or other enclosed structure, are ordered closed.
Gyms and Fitness Centers
All gyms and fitness centers and fitness studios are ordered closed.
Non-Essential Business Closures
All non-essential retail and commercial business locations are ordered closed except to the extent necessary to perform Minimum Basic Operations. (See County Emergency Order 2020-03 for more info on businesses deemed non-essential and essential).
Exemptions: Grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, retail stores, banks, credit unions, financial institutions, hardware stores, auto supply stores, hospitals, healthcare and medical facilities, pharmacies, drug stores, medical supply companies, and land or facilities owned and managed by the County, School Board, North Broward Hospital District, the State, or Federal Government are exempt.
Cancelations & Postponements
- Little League Grand Opening – March 14 - CANCELED
- Kiwanis Family Fun Day – March 14 – POSTPONED DATE TBD
- Commission Meeting – March 17 – occurring, with changes
- Active Aging St. Patrick’s Day Party 3/17 - CANCELED
- Broward County Property Appraiser– March 17 – CANCELED/NOTIFIED (they will notice to their usual outlets)
- Historical Society History at High Noon– March 18 – CANCELED/NOTIFIED (they will notice to their usual outlets)
- ED Quarterly Business Breakfast – March 18 - CANCELED
- FWC Iguana Workshop – March 18 - CANCELED
- Marine Advisory Board – March 19 - CANCELED
- Special Magistrate and CAB – March 25 - CANCELED
- Women’s History Brunch – March 28 – POSTPONED, DATE TBD
- District 3 Meeting – March 30 - CANCELED
- Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast – March 31 – CANCELED
- Zoning Appeals Special Master – March 31 – CANCELED
- Education Advisory Board (EAB) Meeting – April 1 - CANCELED
- P&Z Board Meeting – April 2 - CANCELED
- Earth Month Beach Clean Up – April 4 - MUST BE CANCELED
- Italian Festival – April 4 – CANCELED
- Pink Pearls Tea & Right of Passage Luncheon – April 4 – CANCELED
- Commission Meeting – April 7 – TBD
- Special Magistrate – April 7 – TBD
- Preschool Easter Egg Hunt – April 8 CANCELED
- CAB – April 8 - CANCELED
- Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt – April 9 - CANCELED
- Easter Egg Hunt OMRC – April 10 – CANCELED
- Easter Egg Run – April 11 - CANCELED
- Art in the Park – April 11 – CANCELED
- CRA – April 14 - TBD
- Recycling Workshop – April 15 - TBD
- Historical Society History at High Noon – TBD
- Marine Advisory – April 16 - TBD
- Surfers for Autism – April 17-18 – CANCELED/POSTPONED
For information from the CDC and the World Health Organization on COVID-19, please visit:
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019
- CDC Symptoms
- CDC Situation Summary
- WHO COVID-19 Outbreak
- LATEST INFO ON FLORIDA CASES OF CORONAVIRUS
- Pets and COVID-19
PDF Info Packet
Additional Information Resources, Links, and Phone Numbers
- CDC’s Coronavirus website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) hotline: 1-800-232-4636
- Florida Department of Health hotline: 1-866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com
- World Health Organization COVID-19 Website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Florida Health COVID-19 Website: https://floridahealth.gov
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity for Employees: http://www.floridajobs.org/
Watch for City updates on the following website and social media sites:
Twitter – @dfb_city
Webpage – www.dfb.city
Please make sure you are signed up for the City’s crisis alert system, AlertDFB. To do that now log onto http://www.dfb.city/Alertdfb
Recent Updates from the CDC:
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19 Testing at Laboratories
- Interim Guidance for Outpatient Hemodialysis Facilities
- Keeping Workplaces, Homes, Schools, or Commercial Establishments Safe
- Updated Guidance on Evaluating and Testing Persons for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- COVID-19 and Cruise Ship Travel
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Communication Resources for Travelers
Are You Prepared for Hurricane Season?
Broward County Emergency Management Division
CLICK HERE FOR DEERFIELD BEACH HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION!
Emergency Preparedness for Residents at Risk
FEMA Public Notice
Click here for information regarding FEMA's notice to the public of its intent to reimburse eligible applicants for eligible costs to repair or replace facilities damaged by Hurricane Irma.